Friday, April 25, 2014

Hi there viewers.
Wednesday we drove up Castle Hill for a look see.  It's amazing how spread out Townsville has become.  It has doubled in size since we were last here.  That was 28 years ago.
Well ANZAC Day has come and gone for one more year.  Helen and I attended the March at Thuringowa and I can tell you from experience that it was a hot and long way to march.
When I arrived at the FUP (that's "forming up  point' for you civies), there was a lot of confusion as to who was to be where so I stuck my Scarlet Beret on and within a couple of minutes I was approached by another ex MP. For those who know him it was triple K. Rudy then alerted me to another blast from the past, Stan Hodder. Stan was my first Patrol IC when I joined the Corp in 1977. Hope to catch up with him for coffee in the next few days.
Overall the march and service went well the we retired to the Thuringowa RSL for lunch and a lite libation. 
Had a chat to a couple of Sand Gropers staying at our van park last night and they have given me some tips of where to go and not go in WA.
Until next we chat.
All the Best
Col & Helen

1 comment:

  1. Heh heh, sounds like you all had a good Anzac day. Love to hear from you on the WA info' and see how it compares to our last trip

    ReplyDelete