Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Hi one and all.
After spending 11 days in sunny Darwin, catching up with people we have met in our travels, watching the sunset over Fannie Beach and Mindil Beach, camping at the Darwin Polo Cross Grounds and watching some great Polo Cross, we have moved on to Humpty Doo.  For the uninitiated, Humpty Doo is located about three km down the Arnhem Highway from the Stuart Highway.  We were fortunate enough to know someone from our days in archery, who lives there and when we contacted her to say "Hi", she invited us to stay at her property, 10 beautiful bush land.  Whilst here I have been able to go barramundi fishing at the Mary River National Park, next to Kakadu which was great as it helped me cross another one from my 'bucket list", yes I did catch a barramundi, not a monster, however, it was of legal size, and it was very tasty.
I do have photos but with my technical experience, I have no idea how to attach it to this blog.
We are thinking of leaving here over the weekend and head to Litchfield National Park for a look see. 
We have been told that there is a very good 'free' camp at Wanji Falls.  Hm.  They also say that there is some great fishing there as well.  Could be worth a stay to refill the larder. More about that later.
That's about it for now.
Untill next time.
Love from
Col and Helen 
 "Old Farts on Tour"  

No comments:

Post a Comment